I’ve written a Birthday Shoutout for this person a couple of years ago, on my old blog. I would’ve conveniently recycled that post (it’s been appearing on my Facebook Memories all day!), but since I’m expecting this person to invest in my dream ‘Reading Room’ and gastranomy adventures, I shall spend some time to write this la kan. So, on the day The Mister turns 24, here are 12 random things about Rice *drum rolls* :
- He might vomit if you asked him to blow a balloon. It’s VERY amusing to watch.
- If he’s down with flu, he does not blow his own nose because he finds it disgusting.
- He is one tough critic when he is proofreading essays and writings.
- He sings absolutely EVERY song that there is with the wrong lyrics.
- You should never ask him to pick a restaurant (or you’ll end up walking kilometres before you could start eating).
- If you asked him to cast actors for a movie, he’d choose the darker shade for the villain role (Okay, let’s not make a big deal out of it la?)
- He used to play with imaginary sharks, because he found it more amusing than playing with other kids.
- He gets annoyed with hot weather, excessive whining, certain tone of speech and harsh English words spoken by me.
- When he retires, he’s ought to write a book entitled ‘1001 Ways to Annoy Thara’.
- I’ve not met any adult who can speak gibberish as fluently as he does.
- Two years passed the previous blog, and he still needs his Mum and Aunt to clip his fingernails for him.
- Some days, he gets into this Strict 90’s Parent mode, and goes on lecturing me in oh-so-uncle-ish ways.
That’s twelve completely random things that you probably don’t even want to know about Rice. As I write this post today, I am genuinely feeling grateful that life has crossed my path with The Mister (you could gag, if you want to from this point forward. Heeee..) I’m probably extra extra nice due to hormones and it’s his birthday.
Happy Birthday Mister!
I wish to be bugging you with lame games, lots of questions and stories for decades to come. Thank you for being a very responsive human diary, even if that sometimes ends in tears and phone hangs. 😛 Thank you for being quirky, humorous and sensible all at the same time. With this, we will end your birthday celebration and forget that I owe you gifts. Heeee..